SOCIAL WORKER – full time
Caritas Malta invites applications for the role of Social Worker to work on a full time basis within the Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta).
The Social Worker shall be mainly working with residents undergoing a rehabilitation programme, where the focus shall be on preparing them to become functionally employed and independent when they finish the programme. The selected candidate has to maintain continuous contact with the residents, assess their individual needs, provide support and guidance, and identify suitable training that they may benefit from. Among the key responsibilities, the selected candidate shall:
- carryout assessments and follow-ups to clients;
- provide support and interventions aimed at engaging clients into employment;
- follow up Caritas clients who are in employment;
- organise and deliver training regarding employment;
- collect, process, and upkeep data about clients being engaged;
- liaise with Jobsplus and provide requested data in time;
- attend meetings at Jobsplus when necessary;
The selected candidate shall also be responsible to coordinate court case appointments of residents and act as Caritas representative in Court when necessary, that includes accompany residents and reporting to court.
The individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- be in possession of a degree in social work;
- be highly organised and meticulous;
- able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- be committed to meet deadlines;
- possess excellent verbal and written communication, with an apt for report writing;
- have good IT literacy and able to use proficiently Microsoft applications;
- be in possession of a clean driving licence and must have own transport.
Interested individuals are invited to express their interest by sending their applications together with their CV to the Human Resources Manager via email on email@example.com or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 15th October 2018 at noon.