Striving to help people in need …
Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta (VO/1576), is an umbrella Organisation reflecting all these core values and its social mission is achieved through the following:
The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers, a duly registered Voluntary Organisation (VO/1328). This Foundation runs:
- an ongoing residential therapeutic programme, spread over nine months, at San Blas Żebbuġ for males suffering from drug addiction and substance abuse;
- a parallel programme in this complex for females at Et Iris residence;
- a residential male shelter that offers stabilisation;
- Aftercare Services at Dar Charles Miceli in Mosta;
- A residential therapeutic rehabilitation programme called “Prison Inmates Programme” for prisoners suffering from the above addictions, at Dar Sant’Anna, Baħar ic-Cagħaq, who are serving the last phase of their court sentence.
- All these service users are initially assessed by our professional community services team in Floriana.
- Co-ordinating services offered on a parish level to individuals and families in need through the Diaconia Commission;
- Services to the elderly through HelpAge;
- Caritas Youth;
- Co-ordinating research and development studies.
Counselling and Social Work Intervention
- Counselling and social work intervention offered to individuals and families in difficulty who seek help and assisting self-help groups like Emotions Anonymous, Gambling Anonymous and Gam Anon, Alcoholic Anonymous and Al Anon, Huntington’s Support, Thursday Club, Rose Group, Young Separated Support Group and a service to victims of Usury .
Prevention and Rehabilitation of Drug Abuse, Education and Awareness
- Comprising the “Employees Assistance Programme” (EAP); the “Focus Programme” for school children; organization of Parental Skills sessions, week-end seminars for youths and national conferences
Emergency Aid Commission:
- A Commission which, in collaboration with Caritas Internationalis, collects funds in aid of victims of wars, natural disasters and other calamities both locally and abroad.
Caritas Malta, in the provision of these services, is meeting the daily needs of around two thousand clients annually.
Caritas Malta is affiliated to the internationally renowned Caritas Internationalis, Caritas Europa, The World Federation of Therapeutic Communities (WFTC), HelpAge International and the International Federation of Association for Elderly Persons (FIAPA).
Last year, in collaboration with the Ministry for the Family, Children’s Rights and Social Solidarity and The Alfred Mizzi Foundation, Caritas Malta opened for the first time in Malta, two emergency shelters in Birkirkara for homeless people – Dar Papa Franġisku for males and Dar Maria Dolores for females.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text margin_bottom=”30″]
Contact us for more information