DISCLAIMER: Caritas Malta is fully committed to protect its beneficiaries from any type of harm, abuse, exploitation and harassment. To this aim it promotes a strong Safeguarding culture and we follow safe recruitment procedures where candidates are asked to comply with background checks. Furthermore, Caritas Malta is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, nationality, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
Educator/Instructor in Agribusiness/Gardening
The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of educator/instructor in agribusiness/gardening at Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services project on a full-time basis.
Description of the role
The educator/instructor has an integral role at Caritas Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services. The individual will be entrusted with enabling the adolescents’ educational experience in gardening and facilitating their performance to achieve accreditations in the subject of Agribusiness. The selected candidate will contribute for the upkeep and maintenance of the agricultural land at Tal-Ibwar. Main tasks will involve cultivation, watering and feeding of plants, shrubs and trees, ensuring soil is in a good state and free of weeds and pests, and animal husbandry. This role also includes delivering training to adolescents regarding agribusiness.
- Planning and preparing of gardening sessions with adolescents which are in line with the Directorate for Qualification and Standard in Education (DQSE) Applied Award Programme;
- Facilitating gardening sessions which are practical, interesting and relevant to the adolescents’ inquisitiveness;
- Supporting the adolescents’ learning according to their individual strengths, needs and interests;
- Assessing the adolescents’ progress;
- Cooperating with other educators to compile learning portfolios to record the adolescents’ progress and achievements; and
- Liaising and cooperating with other educators, therapeutic facilitators and psycho-social professionals to enable an overall learning and therapeutic experience for all adolescents within the service.
It is also expected that the educator/instructor respects and adheres to the therapeutic models and ethos adopted by Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services. Relevant training will be provided to the chosen candidate.
The individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- a recognized qualification in gardening or a related field;
- candidates who have proven experience in the field would be also considered;
- sound knowledge of health and safety principles;
- able to use various machines and hand tools including mechanical and electrical ones;
- be mature with sound moral values;
- be physically fit to carry out expected duties in agricultural land;
- able to communicate and write in Maltese and English;
- possess a clean driving licence;
- willing to follow training courses as and where required;
- experience in animal husbandry will be considered an asset.
Whilst preference will be given to educators/instructors with a permanent teaching warrant, those not in a possession of such a teacher’s warrant may also apply, given they fulfill the abovementioned requirements. However, if chosen, they need to apply for a Temporary Teacher's Warrant according to MEYR requirements for the same subject taught.
Interested individuals are invited to apply by sending their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submission of applications is Tuesday 14th February 2023.
PSYCHOLOGIST or PSYCHOTHERAPIST or COUNSELLOR
The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of Psychologist or Psychotherapist or Counsellor to work within our drug rehabilitation programmes on a part-time-time basis. This role necessitates that the candidates would be available for a maximum of 20 hours per week to be worked during weekdays in the mornings and/or afternoons.
Overview of the Role
The Psychologist/Psychotherapist/Counsellor is a key role in the service provision chain within the rehabilitation units of New Hope. The selected person shall be primarily responsible for the therapeutic needs of residents who are undergoing a drug rehabilitation programme and that these needs are addressed regularly and consistently. These include but are not limited to carrying out assessments, holding one-to-one sessions, and formulating action plans. Furthermore, the incumbent must facilitate therapeutic groups within the units which are a pivotal element in the rehabilitation process. This role requires the selected person to liaise and collaborate with Heads of Units and Therapeutic Facilitators on a regular basis in order to keep track of the individual needs of each resident, and also participate in internal meetings to evaluate the rehabilitation progress of service users.
The individuals interested to apply for this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Possess a Masters degree in Psychology or Psychotherapy or Counselling;
- Be registered professionals and in possession of a warrant. Candidates who are in the process of obtaining their warrant shall also be considered;
- Be open to adopt a Therapeutic Community approach and learn how therapy is provided within the Therapeutic Community model;
- Be highly organized, accountable and able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Able to work under pressure and handle a caseload efficiently;
- Have a strong sense of initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Must be an excellent team player;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Be IT literate;
- Be mature with sound moral values;
- Have a driving license.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their application together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on email@example.com, together with two reference letters from previous employers. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials.
The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of Therapeutic Facilitator to work on a full-time basis in one of its drug rehabilitation units.
The Therapeutic Facilitator is an essential resource for the rehabilitation program to fulfil its aims towards service users, and the individual shall act as a role model at all times. The selected person shall be responsible to carry out the “tools” of the community and supervise accordingly. Responsibilities include duties related to each individual resident, such as carrying out assessments, formulate treatment plans, conducting individual sessions with residents, accompanying residents for appointments, and taking urine samples. It is also expected that the facilitator carries out duties involving groups of residents, such as facilitate meetings, organize outings, co-facilitate family groups, and liaise with family members of residents as necessary.
The Facilitator is directly accountable to the Head of Unit.
Individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Be in possession of a degree qualification (MQF level 6) in a social wellbeing subject
Have previous experience in a drug rehabilitation setting with a proven track record, with at least a qualification in Residential and Day Care Work (or in the process of obtaining it);
- Possess good interpersonal skills, creativity, and have an energetic personality;
- Able to work in a team;
- Be IT literate;
- Have good verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Be prepared to work on a shift basis;
- Possess a clean driving license;
- Be mature with sound moral values;
Interested individuals are invited to send their application together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and references. The deadline for submission of applications is Monday 26th September 2022.
Applications that do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered.