Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services
The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) would like to invite interested individuals to submit their applications for the position of Social Worker to work on the Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services.
The social worker shall form part of a multi-disciplinary Core Team of professionals that shall be primarily tasked with coordinating the services and activities held within Tal-Ibwar, including the implementation of therapeutic tools for adolescents using the services. In this role, the selected person is expected to contribute their social work expertise to address the social, emotional, and behavioural needs of each resident and service user, making use of the necessary resources to achieve the desired changes in the individual. Furthermore, the social worker shall be the focal liaison person of each service user with external services and service providers, ensuring that the adolescent has a healthy network with the outside community that can help in achieving the individual’s full potential.
The social worker is directly accountable to the Clinical Coordinator of Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services.
Individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- possess a degree in social work and a warrant;
- have a minimum of three years of experience working directly with adolescents with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, ideally in a residential setting;
- have an empathic personality with a strong aptitude to work with adolescents;
- be highly organized, responsible, flexible, and accountable;
- have a strong aptitude for teamwork;
- be mature with sound moral values;
- possess excellent verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- be IT literate;
- possess a clean driving licence;
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on email@example.com or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 19th October 2020.