The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) would like to invite interested individuals to submit their applications for the position of Head on a full-time basis, to work in one of its drug rehabilitation units. Without prejudice to this call, the selected person may be asked to move internally depending on the needs of the organisation.
The Head shall be responsible to oversee and manage the delivery of the residential therapeutic program within the unit. They shall make sure that the rehabilitation tools of the community are being implemented well and to high standards, and that the individualised care plan of each service user is being duly fulfilled. In doing so, the selected person shall lead a team of Therapeutic Facilitators and Night Care Workers and be responsible for the effective management of the team to achieve its objectives. In view of this, the Head must ensure that supervision sessions, staff meetings, and group supervision are held regularly.
The selected person shall work in harmony with other Heads and units to facilitate service users’ rehabilitation progress, and liaise with other internal and external professionals as necessary. Furthermore, the Head has to uphold regular communication with management with regards to operations, administrative and human resources matters.
In addition to the above, the Head shall administer the day-to-day running, administration, and management of the unit, and has to ensure that all areas of the unit are maintained to the highest standards.
The Head is accountable to the Clinical Coordinator of the drug rehabilitation services.
Individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Possess at minimum an MQF level 6 degree in a social wellbeing subject;
- Have at least 3 years work experience in a social setting and ideally in a leadership position;
- Must have a strong aptitude for leadership;
- Be highly organized, responsible, meticulous, and accountable;
- Able to foster and uphold a culture of teamwork;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Be IT literate with good proficiency in Excel and Word;
- Be mature with sound moral values;
- Possess a clean driving licence;
- Experience in a substance abuse rehabilitation settings shall be considered as an asset.
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are also requested to provide two reference letters, one of which should be from a previous employer. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates or references.
Deadline for submissions of applications: Friday 13th May 2022.