The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of care worker to work on a part-time shift basis in a residential unit for males. The position requires the incumbent to be available in the evenings for three or four times a week.
The care worker has to ensure that the structure of the rehabilitation programme is followed by the residents. The selected person will therefore be responsible to supervise residents on the floor and offer support and guidance as necessary so as the tasks are carried out. The care worker must apply the tools of the community effectively and ensure continuity on the decisions taken by the head of unit and therapeutic facilitators.
The care worker is directly accountable to the Head of Unit.
Individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Be in possession of at least an Award in Residential and Day Care Work or another qualification in a social wellbeing subject;
- Be available to work evening shifts on a fixed roster basis;
- Be mature with sound moral values;
- Able to work in a team;
- Be IT literate;
- Knowledge of Maltese and English Languages is a must;
- Possess a clean driving licence;
- Previous experience in a similar setting with a proven track record will be considered as an asset.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT SATISFY THE ABOVE CRITERIA WON’T BE CONSIDERED.
Interested individuals are invited to express their interest by sending their applications together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 29th November 2021 at noon.