Therapeutic Centre for Adolescents
Social Worker – full time
The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) would like to invite interested individuals to submit their applications for the position of Social Worker Worker at Tal-Ibwar Therapeutic Centre for Adolescents on a full-time basis. Without prejudice to this position, management reserves the right to effect internal movements of such role depending on the needs of the organisation.
This position is a key element within a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and staff that shall implement a set of rehabilitation and therapeutic tools for adolescents using the services. In this particular role, the selected person shall address the social, emotional, and behavioural needs of each resident and service user, making use of the necessary resources to achieve the desired changes in the individual. Furthermore, the social worker shall be the focal liaison person of each service user with external services and service providers, ensuring that the adolescent has a healthy network with the outside community that can help in achieving the individual’s full potential.
The social worker is accountable to the Clinical Coordinator.
Individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- possess a degree in social work and a warrant;
- have a minimum of five years of experience working directly with adolescents with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, ideally in a residential setting;
- have an empathic personality with a strong aptitude to work with adolescents;
- be highly organised, responsible, flexible, and accountable;
- have a strong aptitude for teamwork;
- be mature with sound moral values;
- be ready to attend training abroad;
- possess excellent verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- be IT literate;
- possess a clean driving licence;
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on email@example.com or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 22nd July 2019 at noon.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]