Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta invites applications for the role of Receptionist to work at Head Office on a full-time basis.
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for clients and guests of Caritas. The selected person shall therefore offer a welcoming approach to visitors and direct them to the appropriate service or appointment, or if necessary host them in the reception area whilst waiting to speak to a staff member. The Receptionist is also required to receive incoming phone calls and redirect as necessary, and take call-back notes for unavailable staff members.
The chosen person is expected to smoothly and efficiently coordinate the activities in the reception area, such as providing basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email; receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries; and carry out administrative duties as required. The individual shall also maintain the security of the reception area by following safety protocols and controlling access via the reception desk, e.g. upkeep of visitors logbook, issue visitor badges, monitor security systems, etc.. The receptionist has to ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and presentable at all times.
The individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Must have a warm, pleasant and empathic personality;
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be highly reliable, responsible, organised, and able to work independently;
- Must have excellent multi-tasking and prioritization abilities;
- Able to work under pressure and have problem-solving skills;
- Possess basic knowledge in IT and able to use computers, printers, and similar peripherals;
- Must be ready to work flexible hours or on a shift basis;
- Ideally would have an A-level standard of education and/or a secretarial qualification;
- Experience in a similar setting will be considered an asset.
Interested individuals are invited to express their interest by sending their applications together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14th September 2020. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials.