JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT – full time/part-time
Due to expansion of its services, Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta invites applications for the role of Junior Accountant to work in the Finance Unit on a full-time or part-time basis.
The Junior Accountant shall be responsible for the execution of operational and administrative accounting needs of the organisation. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the selected individual has to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Unit, and take responsibility of the following tasks:
- posting transactions and journal entries in accounting software and accurately maintaining accounting records as required;
- analysing of accounting records and performing reconciliations;
- monitoring cash flow requirements and reporting;
- carrying out internal controls and following stipulated policies and procedures;
- assisting in the preparation of quarterly management accounts, annual financial statements, budgets and other reporting;
- general administration of bank accounts such as effecting online payments, maintaining of bank balances and overall supervision of bank accounts;
- be responsible for any ad-hoc activities as assigned from time to time by the Financial Controller.
Prospective candidates interested in this position must be mature and responsible individuals meeting the following criteria:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in accountancy (e.g. ACCA);
- One year post qualification experience in a similar position;
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices;
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and organisational skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in both Maltese and English;
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative;
- Highly adept in team work;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel is a must;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet expected deadlines;
- Keen attention to high quality work, details and accuracy;
- Previous experience with Shireburn Financial Manager will be considered an asset;
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in payroll administration.
Interested individuals are invited to express their interest by sending their applications together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]