Therapeutic Centre for Adolescents
Head of Residential Service – full time
The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) would like to invite interested individuals to submit their applications for the position of Head of Residential Service of Tal-Ibwar Therapeutic Centre for Adolescents, on a full-time basis. Without prejudice to this position, management reserves the right to effect internal movements of such role depending on the needs of the organisation.
In this challenging role, the Head shall be responsible to oversee and manage the delivery of the residential the therapeutic program and services offered to adolescents. S/he shall make sure that the rehabilitation tools of the community are being implemented and that the individualised care plan of each service user is being duly fulfilled. The selected person shall lead a team of people having varied expertise to achieve the rehabilitation goals of the centre, and shall ensure that the premises are adequately staffed to meet the needs of the residents. The Head is expected to hold regular supervision sessions, staff meetings, and liaison with management to ensure that the centre is managed effectively and achieving its aims and objectives.
In addition to the above, the Head shall administer the day-to-day running and management of the complex, which comprises of the living quarters as well as the outdoor area, including sport facilities, animals area, and gardening area. S/he has to ensure that all areas are maintained to the highest standards, and that the usage of each is achieving its full potential in the rehabilitation goals of the residents and service users.
The Head is accountable to the Clinical Coordinator of the Adolescents Therapeutic Services.
Individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- possess a degree in a social wellbeing subject, preferably at Masters level;
- have a minimum of five years of experience working directly with adolescents with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, ideally in a residential setting;
- candidates with experience in a leadership position will be given preference;
- be highly organised, responsible, meticulous, and accountable;
- have a strong aptitude for teamwork;
- possess effective and empathic leadership skills;
- be mature with sound moral values;
- be ready to attend training abroad;
- possess excellent verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- be IT literate;
- possess a clean driving licence;
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 22nd July 2019 at noon.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]