CLINICAL COORDINATOR – full time
The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of Clinical Coordinator to work on a full time basis.
The Clinical Coordinator shall assume full responsibility at an operational and administrative level for the residential and non-residential drug rehabilitation services and programmes. In liaison with Management and with the Heads of the rehabilitation units, the selected person is to coordinate, develop, modify and implement effective strategies for the enhancement and consolidation of the rehabilitative services for persons with problematic use of drugs. Reporting to the Director of Caritas Malta, the core duties and responsibilities of the Clinical Coordinator are to:
- ensure that each and every service user within the rehabilitation services receives an effective rehabilitation treatment, and that the appropriate clinical assessments and treatment plans are carried out professionally;
- regularly conduct evaluations and assessments of the effectiveness of the overall therapeutic programme;
- develop the already existing services and create new ones in response to the emergent social and cultural needs;
- assess carefully internal and external challenges and possible risks they may prevent Caritas Malta from achieving its rehabilitation goals and objectives;
- liaise with Heads of units and other staff on a regular basis to ensure that the units are being administered and managed appropriately, within budget, and efficiently;
- ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures and internal policies within the various therapeutic programmes are adhered to, reviewed and updated regularly;
This role necessitates a charismatic and energetic person with effective leadership qualities and managerial skills. Furthermore, the Clinical Coordinator shall have a strong aptitude towards social principles and also have sound moral values.
The selected candidate has to meet the following criteria:
- possess a thorough knowledge of the substance misuse and the addictions fields, including treatment alternatives and of evidence-based practices in residential and non-residential therapeutic/rehabilitation programmes;
- be aware of the emerging trends in problematic use of drugs;
- has a sound background and experience working directly in the addiction field;
- be in possession of a qualification in Clinical/Counselling psychology or psychotherapy;
- has experience in management in a similar position with a proven track record.
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 24th September 2018 at noon.