CLINICAL COORDINATOR – full time
Due to expansion of services in the field of drug rehabilitation, in particular the development of services targeted at adolescents and minors, The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of Clinical Coordinator to work on a full time basis.
The Clinical Coordinator shall be tasked with the development and implementation on an operational and administrative level, for the residential and non-residential rehabilitation services and programmes aimed at adolescents and minors with problematic use of drugs. Upon implementation of the project, the selected person shall be fully responsible to manage the services offered to adolescents and minors, and coordinate, develop, and implement effective strategies for their enhancement and consolidation.
Reporting to the Director of Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta, the core duties and responsibilities of the Clinical Coordinator are to:
- ensure that each and every adolescent and minor receives an effective rehabilitation treatment, and that the appropriate clinical assessments and treatment plans are carried out professionally;
- regularly conduct evaluations and assessments of the effectiveness of the overall therapeutic programme;
- assess carefully internal and external challenges and possible risks that may prevent the organisation from achieving its rehabilitation goals and objectives;
- ensure that the services are being administered and managed appropriately, within budget, and efficiently;
- ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures and internal policies within the therapeutic programmes are adhered to, reviewed and updated regularly;
- liaise and cooperate with external entities and ensure that protocols with them are adhered to.
This role necessitates a charismatic and energetic person with effective leadership qualities and managerial skills. Furthermore, the Clinical Coordinator shall have a strong aptitude towards social principles and also have sound moral values.
In addition to the above, the selected candidate has to meet the following criteria:
- possess a thorough knowledge of the substance misuse and the addictions fields, including treatment alternatives and of evidence-based practices in residential and non-residential therapeutic/rehabilitation programmes;
- be aware of the emerging trends in problematic use of drugs;
- has a sound work background and experience in the addiction field;
- be in possession of a professional degree in the social field, preferably at a Masters level and holding a recognised local warrant;
- has experience in management in a similar position with a proven track record;
- previous work experience with adolescents will be considered as an asset.
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 11th March 2019.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]