ACCOUNTS / PAYROLL CLERK – full time
Caritas Malta is seeking to employ a mature, reliable and energetic Accounts Clerk to join its Finance Unit on a full-time basis.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Clerk will be responsible to:
- collect data and process staff salaries, maintain employee payroll files, submit the necessary statutory forms and payments, and liaise with local authorities / governmental entities;
- perform day-to-day book-keeping tasks, including recording of invoices and payments;
- maintain and reconcile the general ledger, and preparing working documentation as necessary to support the entries;
- account for cash and bank transactions, effect transfers, make deposits, carry out bank account reconciliations, liaise with banks, as well as monitor and reconcile petty cash on a monthly basis;
- assisting with end of month routines and reporting requirements;
- prepare the audit file and assist in the audit process;
- provide finance-related administrative support; and
- carry out any other duties as may determined from time to time by the Financial Controller.
The selected applicant must meet the following criteria:
- have a minimum of three years working experience in a similar position;
- be in possession of a recognised qualification at MQF Level 4 or a higher level;
- be knowledgeable on payroll procedures within the local law context;
- mature, meticulous and have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- be able to work independently and highly adept in team work;
- proactive and enthusiastic to tackle new challenges with a can do attitude;
- be able to prioritise multiple tasks effectively;
- have good verbal and written communication skills;
- be highly proficient in the use of electronic submissions, accounting software packages, payroll software and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook;
- be in possession of a clean driving licence;
Interested individuals are invited to express their interest by sending their applications together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 12th November at noon.