The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of Therapeutic Facilitator to work within one of its drug rehabilitation units.
The Therapeutic Facilitator is an essential resource for the rehabilitation program to fulfil its aims towards service users, and s/he shall act as a role model at all times. The selected person shall be responsible to carry out the “tools” of the community and supervise accordingly. Responsibilities include duties related to each individual resident, such as carrying out assessments, formulate treatment plans, conducting individual sessions with residents, accompanying residents for appointments, and taking urine samples. It is also expected that the facilitator carries out duties involving groups of residents, such as facilitate meetings, organize outings, co-facilitate family groups, and liaise with family members of residents as necessary.
The Facilitator is directly accountable to the Head of Unit.
Individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Be in possession of a degree in a social wellbeing subject (MQF level 6)
an Award in Residential and Day Care Work (MQF level 4) and having experience in a drug rehabilitation programme with a proven track record;
- Must have good interpersonal skills, creativity, and initiative;
- Be able to work in a team;
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Be IT literate:
- Be mature with sound moral values;
- Must be ready to work on a shift basis as required;
- Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and/or previous experience in the drug rehabilitation field.
Interested individuals are invited to express their interest by sending their applications together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 15th June 2020.