Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta invites applications for the position of Services Coordinator to work on a full-time basis.
The Services Coordinator shall undertake the responsibility of managing all the services offered by Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta, namely Counselling and Social Work Unit, Community Development and Wellbeing Unit, Djakonija Unit, Research and Advocacy, and other services offered by the organisation in partnership with other entities. In doing so, the Service Coordinator shall lead a team of Head of Units and delve into the operational and administrative aspects of these services, as well as coordinate, develop, and implement effective strategies for their enhancement and consolidation. In view of this, the selected person shall take a central role in steering the organisation’s mission to alleviate poverty, promote integral human development, and be the voice for the most vulnerable individuals in society.
The Services Coordinator shall report directly to the Director of Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta and shall form part of the management team of the organisation. The core duties and responsibilities of the Services Coordinator are mainly but not limited to:
- ensure that each and every service is in line with the mission, vision, values, and strategies of the organisation;
- through liaison with Heads of units, ensure that services are delivered to high professional and regulatory standards;
- ensure that the services are being administered and managed appropriately, within budget, and efficiently;
- regularly conduct evaluations and assessments of the effectiveness of the services, and assess carefully internal and external challenges or possible risks that may prevent the organisation from achieving its goals and objectives;
- ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures and internal policies are adhered to, reviewed and updated regularly;
- champion networking and cooperation opportunities with external entities, both governmental and non-governmental, ensuring that protocols with them are adhered to;
- contribute to Caritas’ voice on media platforms.
This role necessitates a charismatic and energetic person with effective leadership qualities and managerial skills, as well as the following criteria:
- possess at minimum a degree at MQF level 6 in a social wellbeing subject;
- have at least 5 years experience working in the field of social services and helping professions, preferably in a leadership position with a proven track record;
- possess a strong aptitude towards social principles and champion social justice;
- have sound knowledge of local entities and NGO’s within the social field whose services are aimed towards vulnerable people;
- previous experience and/or knowledge in pastoral work would be considered as an asset;
- have excellent verbal communication skills in BOTH Maltese and English;
- possess a high professional standard of report writing with an aptitude for research;
- be an excellent team player;
- be mature, responsible, diligent, and have a strong sense of initiative;
- be a person of integrity possessing sound moral values;
- possess a clean driving license with own transport.
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on email@example.com or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, and applicants are requested to also submit at least two reference letters. The deadline for submissions is Friday 8th October 2021.