Due to expansion of services in the field of drug rehabilitation, The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of Nurse to work on the Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services project on a part-time basis.
Overview of the Role
The nurse will be primarily tasked with the management of the medical clinic as part of the residential and non-residential therapeutic services and programmes aimed at adolescents and minors with problematic use of drugs. The nurse shall be responsible for the daily preparation of medication, assisting the Medical General Practitioner and the medical care of service users.
The nurse shall be responsible to medically assess, plan, prioritize, implement and evaluate the care of service users according to need, and accurately completing documentation in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and national regulations. The nurse is expected to work in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team and contribute in the development and implementation of care plans.
The nurse, while adhering to national regulations with respect to health and safety, should also keep abreast with the medical internal policy and must ensure that this is being adhered too at all times.
The Nurse is directly accountable to the Clinical Coordinator of the Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services.
The individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- possess a recognized qualification and a professional warrant to practice as a Nurse in Malta;
- available to work up to a maximum of 15 hours a week, from Monday to Friday;
- be highly organized and have a strong aptitude for teamwork;
- be mature with sound moral values;
- possess excellent verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- be IT literate;
- possess a clean driving licence;
- experience with adolescents, youths, and in the field of addictions will be considered an asset.
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Friday 22nd January 2021.