The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of night care worker to work in a residential therapeutic community for adolescents on a part-time basis. Notwithstanding this, the organisation reserves the right to make internal movements as deemed necessary.
Description of the Role
The night care worker must ensure that the structure of the rehabilitation programme and the house regulations are followed by the residents. The selected person will therefore be responsible to supervise residents on the floor, offer support, and ensure continuity on the decisions taken by the head of unit and therapeutic facilitators during the day. The night care worker must be responsible to give medication to residents, carry out evening meetings, and ensure that residents go to bed in time as required by the structure of the programme.
The night care worker is directly accountable to the Head of Unit.
Any individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Be in possession of at least an Award in Residential and Day Care Work (MQF level 4)
- Be committed to work night shifts on a fixed roster basis;
- Have a high level of responsibility;
- Be mature with sound moral values;
- Ability to community in BOTH Maltese and English is a must;
- Be IT literate;
- Possess a clean driving licence and willing to drive work vehicles;
- Previous experience in a similar setting with a proven track record will be considered as an asset.
Applications that do not meet the above criteria won’t be considered.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their application together with their CV to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, and applications must include at least one reference letter. The deadline for submissions is Friday 20th August 2021.