Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta is seeking to employ a mature, reliable and energetic Junior Finance Assistant to join its Finance Unit on a full-time basis.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Junior Finance Assistant will be responsible to:
- perform day-to-day book-keeping tasks, including recording of invoices and payments;
- maintain and reconcile the general ledger, and preparing working documentation as necessary to support the entries;
- account for cash and bank transactions, effect transfers, make deposits, carry out bank account reconciliations, liaise with banks, as well as monitor and reconcile petty cash on a monthly basis;
- assisting with end of month routines and reporting requirements;
- prepare the audit file and assist in the audit process;
- provide finance-related administrative support; and
- carry out any other duties as may be determined from time to time by the Financial Controller.
Any persons interested to apply for this position must meet the following criteria:
- have a minimum of two years working experience in a similar position;
- be in possession of a recognised qualification at MQF Level 4 or a higher level;
- be mature, meticulous and have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- be able to work independently and highly adept in team work;
- proactive and enthusiastic to tackle new challenges with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- be able to prioritise multiple tasks effectively;
- have good verbal and written communication skills;
- be highly proficient in the use of accounting software packages and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook;
- be in possession of a clean driving licence;
Interested individuals are invited to express their interest by sending their applications together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. Applicants with higher qualifications would be considered for a more senior role.