The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of Information Systems Officer to work on a full-time basis.
The Information Systems Officer reports directly to the Director of Caritas Malta and shall form part of the management team, taking on the responsibility to lead the organisation’s entire needs in relation to Information Systems whilst making sure that the systems and underlying infrastructure are up to date with modern requirements.
The incumbent shall therefore manage and oversee the administration, maintenance and day-to-day running of all Information Systems used within the organisation as well as the underlying network infrastructure, including hardware. The selected person shall ensure that staff members have the appropriate access rights for these systems as well as related hardware and be the main point of reference for any queries and support required. Furthermore, the individual shall liaise with service providers and developers for further technical support when required and be the key person for the organisation’s contractual relationship with them.
In this role, the selected person shall ensure that the Information Systems are being used appropriately according to internal policies and procedures. In view of this, security of data shall be a central responsibility in this role, where the individual shall ensure that data is being processed according to the Data Protection legislation. The selected person shall also be responsible for the upkeep of the organisation’s web portal, administering from both front and back ends.
Individual who would like to apply for this position shall meet the following criteria:
- Be in possession of at least an A+ certificate or Cisco essentials. Preference shall be given to candidates with a degree at MQF level 6 in a related subject;
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar post;
- Be tech savvy and have a high aptitude towards using off-the-shelf and tailor-made software;
- Have sound knowledge of Microsoft 365, Active Directory, and WordPress;
- Have a good level of understanding of network infrastructures;
- Hold a high degree of responsibility, professionality, and integrity;
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be a multi-tasker;
- Must be an outstanding team player with excellent people-skills;
- Be able to communicate in BOTH Maltese and English, verbally and written;
- Have excellent problem-solving skills, be innovative, and inquisitive;
- Have a strong inclination to work in an NGO setting within the social field;
- Be in possession of a valid driving license.
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, and applicants are requested to submit at least one reference letter. The deadline for submission of applications is Tuesday 31st August 2021.