The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) would like to invite interested individuals to submit their applications for the position of Head of Maintenance, Health and Safety on a full-time basis.
The Head of Maintenance, Health and Safety shall be primarily responsible to plan, implement, maintain, and oversee all maintenance works that are carried out within the various premises of Caritas Malta, and shall be responsible to assess maintenance needs and risks, and present them to management for planning. The selected person will be responsible for the repair and upkeep of facilities, infrastructure, equipment, tools, and machinery of Caritas, and ensure that the works are carried out within budget and plans. Whilst the Head shall evaluate whether to delegate maintenance works to residents of the rehabilitation units or maintenance staff, s/he must have a hands-on approach with a can-do attitude. In this position, the chosen individual shall also supervise security systems and personnel in all Caritas premises.
This role also requires the incumbent to take on the responsibility of Health and Safety Officer of the organisation. As a reference point on issues related to Health and Safety, the chosen candidate must ensure that the occupational environment of employees is conformant with the relevant legislation, carry out risk assessments, conduct Health and Safety audits, maintain incidents records and evidence, and support/guide staff of Caritas Malta in any queries related to Health and Safety. It is also important for the selected person to keep abreast of the latest legislation and local practices related to Health and Safety in order to ensure that the organisation is up to date with the national standards.
The Head of Maintenance, Health and Safety is accountable to the Corporate Officer of the organisation.
Individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- possess at minimum a diploma in health and safety;
- have a minimum of 3 years experience in a maintenance position, health and safety;
- must have a sound knowledge of local health and safety legislation;
- possess excellent verbal and writing communication skills in both Maltese and English;
- must be highly adept in problem solving skills with a can-do attitude;
- able to meet deadlines;
- be highly responsible, accountable and able to work under minimal supervision;
- have a strong aptitude for teamwork;
- be IT literate and capable of managing modern ELV systems;
- be mature with sound moral values;
- possess a clean driving licence;
- preference will be given to candidates registered with OHSA.
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 6th July 2020.