Due to expansion of services in the field of drug rehabilitation, The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) invites applications for the role of full-time Educators to teach more than one of the following subjects: applied English, applied Maltese, applied Mathematics, and applied IT, to work on the Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services project on a full-time basis.
Overview of the Role
The educator has an integral role at Caritas Tal-Ibwar Adolescents Therapeutic Services (CIATS). They are entrusted with enabling the adolescents’ educational experience in the above mentioned subjects whilst facilitating the adolescents’ performance to achieve accreditation in such subjects. In fulfilling such role the selected applicant needs to adopt an applied methodology for teaching and learning, enabling the use of different media for learning.
- Planning and preparation of lessons which are in line with the National Minimum Curriculum (NMC) and Directorate for Qualification and Standard in Education (DQSE) Applied Award Programme;
- Delivering lessons which are practical, interesting and relevant to the adolescents’ inquisitiveness;
- Preparing and supporting an individualised educational programme (IEP) according to each adolescent’s education level and readiness for learning, based on the individual strengths needs and interests;
- Assessing the adolescents’ progress using both formative and summative assessment tools;
- Compiling learning portfolios to record the adolescents’ progress and achievements; and
- Liaising and cooperating with other educators, therapeutic facilitators and psycho-social professionals to enable an overall learning and therapeutic experience for all adolescents at Caritas Tal-Ibwar.
It is also expected that the educator respects and adheres to the therapeutic models and ethos of CIATS. The required training will be provided to the right applicant.
The individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Be in possession of a graduate qualification in teaching
Have an advanced level certificate in one or more of these subjects: English, Maltese, Mathematics, IT and ordinary level certificate in the remaining subject/s;
- Have good interpersonal skills, creativity, and an ability to engage with adolescents;
- Be mature with sound moral values;
- Able to work in a team;
- Possess good verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Be IT literate;
- Is willing to attend on-going training and keep abreast with new practices in the education and substance abuse sectors; and
- Preferably have previous experience in working with adolescents with problematic substance use or adolescents with SEBD, with a proven track record.
Whilst preference will be given to educators with a permanent teaching warrant, those not in a possession of such a Teacher’s Warrant may also apply, given they fulfill the abovementioned requirements. However, if chosen, they need to apply for a Temporary Teacher’s Warrant according to MEDE requirements for the same subject taught.
Interested individuals are invited to send their CV together with a covering letter to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Thursday 31st December 2020.