Fondazzjoni Caritas Malta invites applications for the role of Diaconia Executive to work in the Community Wellbeing and Development Unit on a full-time basis.
The Diaconia Executive is tasked with the coordination and support of Diaconia Commissions in local parishes, acting as the main point of reference for the volunteer members of these Commissions around Malta. In liaison with the Episcopal Vicar for Diaconia, the selected person shall devise and implement a strategy across the Diaconia Commissions with the aim to outreach vulnerable persons in parishes and strengthen the Church’s social mission on a local level. Moreover, the Diaconia Executive must ensure that the Diaconia strategy in the Parishes is being implemented within the context of the pastoral plans of the Diocese.
This role requires that regular meetings are held with Parish Priests and Diaconia Commissions to monitor, review, and develop practices held in their respective communities with individuals and families. The Diaconia Executive shall also be responsible to organize national meetings and conferences at least once a year to bring all Diaconia Commissions together and communicate the strategy of the Church with regards to its social mission.
The selected person is also expected to contribute in the coordination and delivery of projects and events held within the team, which activities are mainly related to HelpAge, Prevention, and Employee Assistance Programme.
The Diaconia Executive is directly accountable to the Head of Community Wellbeing and Development Unit.
The individuals interested in this role shall meet the following requirements:
- Possess a recognized tertiary qualification preferably in one of the following subjects: Pastoral Studies, Youth Studies, Social Work or Psychology.
- Be highly organized, flexible, and able to work within a team;
- Possess a high level of initiative, drive, creativity, and a can-do attitude;
- Be mature and have sound moral values, with a disposition to work in local parishes;
- Have a strong aptitude to work within an NGO environment within the social field;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Be IT literate and practical in the use of Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Possess a clean driving licence;
- Experience in the voluntary sector in the social field, both in the civil and ecclesiastical environments, will be considered as an asset;
Interested individuals are invited to express their interest by sending their applications together with their CV and other relevant documentation to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Friday 4th October 2019.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]