The Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (Caritas Malta) would like to invite interested individuals to submit their applications for the position Court Representative on a part-time basis.
The selected person shall be responsible in handling all service users’ matters that are related to the justice system. S/he shall be primarily committed to attend court sittings on a regular basis to represent Caritas when summoned and give testimony as required, and to also accompany residents for court hearings. Hence, the Court Representative has to take initiative to keep abreast of the service users’ progress with regards to their court cases, as well as in their rehabilitation process within Caritas. It is necessary for the individual to maintain an organized and up-to-date schedule of court appointments so that court sittings are coordinated and attended. In order to perform duties effectively, the Court Representative has to liaise with other staff members from all rehabilitation units to collect information about residents, and also keep regular contact with residents/clients. In this role, the selected person needs to write court reports when required and also liaise with external professionals from other entities or private practitioners as the need may be.
This role calls for a professional individual that meets the following requirements:
- must have a smart and pleasant personality;
- possess at minimum a degree level of education (MQF level 6) in a social wellbeing subject;
- have at least 4 years of experience in the field – candidates with previous experience in a court setting will be given preference;
- be highly organized, responsible, meticulous, and accountable;
- Must be ready to work mainly during mornings and be flexible depending on court hearings;
- must be ready to work on own initiative;
- possess excellent verbal skills and be articulate for giving testimony in court hearings;
- possess excellent report-writing skills in both Maltese and English;
- be IT literate;
- be mature with sound moral values;
- possess a clean driving licence;
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit their application together with their CV to the Human Resources Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. The deadline for submissions is Monday 15th June 2020.